About this role:
We’re seeking experienced candidates for a Shore Base Operations Manager role, leading and maintaining high standards for a shore base team in Guyana.
If you have 10+ years experience of oil field service and excellent operational management skills, take a look at this.
- Role is a live-in contract assignment in Guyana, with housing transport and insurances provided. Two flights home a year and a highly competitive package.
- Your time will be split 50/50 between shore base and office (operating normally with covid protocols in place).
- You'll need excellent people skills to develop the local team and optimize efficiencies (KPIs management, Standard Operating Procedures and internal auditing with a strong safety focus). You must be able to provide customer solutions through your technical and operational expertise. You'll take an active role in leading and ensuring a strong culture of continuous production and quality improvements
Ready for the next move? Send your resume to Keith Jones at email@example.com or submit your details below so we start screening candidates. Interviews will take place in January 2021.
- Planning and coordinating with base managers, base coordinators, lifting, logistics, vessel workers and other personnel to ensure all planned cargoes are loaded in a timely manner as scheduled.
- Applying your experienced eye in order to optimize logistics, efficiency and reliability in supporting clients for each service line
- Supervising all day-to-day activities line to ensure tasks are carried out in the most effective manner with all objectives met
- Actively managing individuals to ensure full understanding of expectations, training and follow up activities regarding poor job performance
- Ensuring a safe work environment and work conditions at all facilities
You will use your managerial skills in shore base operations to support the development, mentoring, coaching, and knowledge growth of your assigned staff. You’ll develop programs that ensure skills are developed in a timely fashion and then applied consistently to drive improvements. Together with your team, you will the deliver high standards of operational excellence that our clients depend upon.
What you need to bring:
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Business Management, Petroleum or Marine Engineer or relevant field
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ proven experience in shore base operational management
Able to work in multi-functional and multi-disciplinary teams and deliver high-quality outcomes to schedule
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and all client contacts
Attitude and Expertise
- Excellent managerial skills – for performance assessment, development and management of your people
- Working knowledge of HSE international standards
- Able to negotiate and network in order to build good working relationships
- Self-starter, able and willing to take initiative
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Anything Else?Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Houston
Want new jobs sent to your inbox daily?
Sign up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement